- Where are your knives made?
We design and make all of our knives at our workshop in Reno, Nevada.
- What is something happens to my Town Cutler product?
Our products are made to last, but we understand that stuff happens. Learn more about our repair or replace guarantee.
- I am in the Reno-Tahoe area. Can I purchase knives at your location?
Yes! We are open 8 am–4 pm Monday–Friday . There is no need for an appointment, just come on down.
- Can I tour the workshop?
Due to COVID-19, we not offering tours at this time.
- Do you make knives for restaurants and the hospitality industry?
Absolutely! We’d love to discuss how our knives can meet your unique needs. Please send a brief description of your project and any initial ideas or questions to email@example.com.
- Will you make me a custom knife?
For individuals, we only offer custom Damasteel® knives made by Galen Garretson, founder and owner of Town Cutler.
Semi-custom knives are available for wholesale and large-scale orders. If interested, shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What knives do I really need?
We recommend starting with a great chef knife and then incorporating utility and paring knives. Based on what you like to make, you may also want some “specialty” knives, such as butchery and boning knives or a nakiri. If you need help deciding, check out our knife guide or contact us.
- Knives aren't cheap. Can you help me out?
Yes. We offer financing through QuadPay for payments over $35 so you can chop now and pay later. QuadPay splits the purchase amount into 4 installment payments spread over 6 weeks and is interest free.
- Why are your knives more expensive than what I might be used to?
Our commitment to quality and craftsmanship means that our knives are handmade using the best steel and materials. Going from raw materials to a finished knife takes serious dedication, attention, and skills from the entire TC crew. Our knives are made to last and bring you and following generations a lifetime of enjoyment.
- Do you offer a gift registry?
You can register for Town Cutler knives through The Dowry.
- How often should I sharpening my knife?
It depends on how often it’s used. A sharp knife is always safer than a dull knife, not to mention easier and more enjoyable to cut with, so we highly recommend sharpening your knife when it starts feeling dull. Cutting with a dull blade can lead to slipping off the product or using additional force that may cause accidents and injury.
Our knives have excellent edge retention and may not require sharpening as frequently as other knives. As a guideline, home cooks usually need sharpening every 6–12 months.
- How do I send my Town Cutler knife in for sharpening?
When you’re ready to have your knives sharpened, we do our best to make the mail-in process as easy and fast as possible. Learn more about mail-in sharpening.
- Do you sharpening knives not made by Town Cutler?
No. We no longer provide sharpening for knives not made by Town Cutler.
- I am in the Reno-Tahoe area. Can I drop my Town Cutler knives off for sharpening?
Yes! We are open 8 am–4 pm Monday–Friday . There is no need for an appointment, just come on down. Leave your Town Cutler knives with us, and we’ll have them sharp and ready to rock the following day! Sharpening turn-around is never longer than 24 hours. Please note that knives dropped-off on Friday will not be available for pick-up until Monday.
- Do you offer rehandling or restoration work for non-Town Cutler knives?
No. We no longer offer rehandle or restoration work for non-Town Cutler knives.
- Do I need to oil my knife?
Only if it’s a carbon steel blade. Stainless steel does not require oiling.