Town Cutler offers the very best in sharpening. With our knowledge and experience in proper sharpening techniques and our top of the line equipment, we will sharpen your edge to the exact degree. All sharpening is done onsite.
Town Cutler sharpens each knife using multiple steps on Japanese Whetstones – typically starting off at 1,000 grit and finishing between 6,000 grit and 10,000 grit. After polishing on stones, the knife is brought to a razor finish on a leather strop, similar to what you might see in a high-end barbershop. With precision whetstone sharpening each knife is sharpened differently depending on the type of steel and its use.
Sharpening never takes longer than 24-hours after your knives are dropped-off or received during regular hours Monday-Thursday.
Knife Sharpening $1/inch ($5 min. per knife)
Traditional Japanese single beveled edge $2-3/inch
Scissors (kitchen/paper) $10-15
Scissors (fabric/hair) $25-30
Pocket Knives $10-20 (+$5 serrated, +$5 Tanto tip)
Food Processor Blades $10-20
Serrated Knives $1/inch
*** Please make sure your knives are clean before bringing them in for sharpening. There is a $10 cleaning fee per knife for dirty knives (dried food, grease, etc).
Chips and Tips $5 and up
Reverse Bows $5 and up
We also offer sharpening for most garden and woodworking tools. Don’t see a price for your edge? Contact us.
Mail-in Sharpening - For Town Cutler Knives Only
Mail-in Sharpening Form
Complete the Mail-in Sharpening Form and include it with your shipment.
Reno Mail-in Knife Sharpening Form
- Indicate if you would like to purchase shipping insurance for your return shipment. Town Cutler will purchase shipping insurance with FedEx for the amount indicated by the customer on the mail-in sharpening form.
How to Wrap your Knives for Shipment
- We recommend wrapping your knives in newspaper, other protective disposable packaging material, to send them in for sharpening.
- Please do not include any knife covers, product boxes, towels, or knife rolls with your shipment. We will not hold onto or return any wrapping materials, including towels, edge guards, and knife rolls.
- View our visual guide on how to wrap your knives for mail-in sharpening service.
Sharpening should be sent to the following address: Town Cutler 4850 Joule Street Suite A6 Reno, NV 89502
- Customers may request an in-bound FedEx shipping label from Town Cutler by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like shipping insurance added to your inbound shipment please indicate this at the time of label request, along with the value you would like your shipment insured for.
- If you would prefer to use another carrier on inbound shipping, you are welcome to do so and we would recommend that you consider adding insurance and/or signature confirmation, and tracking with the carrier of your choice. If you choose to send us your knives via the carrier of your choice, please email email@example.com with the inbound tracking number.
- Knives are returned via FedEx with insurance if purchased by the customer.
Customers are responsible for all shipping costs. Town Cutler is not responsible for knives or other materials lost in transit.
Payment and Return Shipping
- When your sharpening is complete Town Cutler will email you an invoice to pay online. Once your invoice is paid your knives will be shipped back to you with a FedEx tracking number.
- Sharpening service will not take longer than 24-hours when knives are received during regular business hours Monday-Thursday.
I still have questions about Mail-in Sharpening
Please reach out to us with any questions regarding mail-in sharpening service firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-433-1525.
Town Cutler makes professional culinary knives and tools for people with a passion for cooking and appreciation of enduring handmade goods. We deeply value exploring different ideas and developing new products, making the most of materials, always improving, and sharing our experience and knowledge with customers to help build skills and confidence.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases, and more…