We offer free lifetime sharpening on Town Cutler knives.
To have your Town Cutler knives sharpened please drop them off at our Reno location or mail them in. We are only sharpening knives made by Town Cutler. Please do not send non-Town Cutler knives for sharpening service. Read Our Guarantee.
For sharpening of non-Town Cutler knives we recommend checking out our friends at Coutelier and their mail-in sharpening service in Nashville.
Mail-in Sharpening - For Town Cutler Knives Only
Mail-in Sharpening Form
Complete the Mail-in Sharpening Form and include it with your shipment.
Reno Mail-in Knife Sharpening Form
- Indicate if you would like to purchase shipping insurance for your return shipment. Town Cutler will purchase shipping insurance with FedEx for the amount indicated by the customer on the mail-in sharpening form.
How to Wrap your Knives for Shipment
- We recommend wrapping your knives in newspaper, other protective disposable packaging material, to send them in for sharpening.
- Please do not include any knife covers, product boxes, towels, or knife rolls with your shipment. We will not hold onto or return any wrapping materials, including towels, edge guards, and knife rolls.
- View our visual guide on how to wrap your knives for mail-in sharpening service.
Sharpening should be sent to the following address: Town Cutler 4850 Joule Street Suite A6 Reno, NV 89502
- Customers may request an inbound FedEx shipping label from Town Cutler by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like shipping insurance added to your inbound shipment please indicate this at the time of label request, along with the value you would like your shipment insured for.
- If you would prefer to use another carrier on inbound shipping, you are welcome to do so and we would recommend that you consider adding insurance and/or signature confirmation, and tracking with the carrier of your choice. If you choose to send us your knives via the carrier of your choice, please email email@example.com with the inbound tracking number.
- Knives are returned via FedEx with insurance if purchased by the customer.
Customers are responsible for all shipping costs. Town Cutler is not responsible for knives or other materials lost in transit.
Payment and Return Shipping
- When your sharpening is complete Town Cutler will email you an invoice to pay online. Once your invoice is paid your knives will be shipped back to you with a FedEx tracking number.
- Sharpening service will not take longer than 24 hours when knives are received during regular business hours Monday-Thursday.
I still have questions about Mail-in Sharpening
Please reach out to us with any questions regarding mail-in sharpening service firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-433-1525.