The Octagon line, Town Cutler's newest collection of knives, are made for cooks wanting a carbon steel knife that is high performing and easy to care for, with a restrained and understated appearance. This Japanese influenced contemporary line, features our thinnest blades yet for exacting cuts and a drop-point tip for precision work. The blades, made from 52100 carbon steel, are easy to sharpen and capable of achieving and maintaining a very fine edge. The dark finish on the blades is a result of a controlled patina, which means that the steel is already in the process of aging and requires slightly less diligent initial care and no break-in period. The octagon shaped handles are handmade from ziricote and Bubinga woods, with an ebony ferrule.
• Handmade at the Town Cutler Warehouse
• Blade: 52100 patinaed carbon steel
• Heat-treating: Heat-treated to 62-63 Rockwell to ensure a fine edge that holds its sharpness
• Handle: Ziricote and Bubinga octagon handle with grey liner. Ebony ferrule
• While this knife comes with a patinaed finish, the carbon steel is still reactive. Make sure to read our steel and care guides for this knife and follow carbon steel care guidelines to prevent rust and ensure peak performance.
• Gently clean the blade with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Abrasive sponges will damage the patina.
• Keep this knife dry and clean. Oil with camellia oil after washing or rinsing with warm water. A 2 oz bottle of camellia oil is provided with all Town Cutler carbon steel knives to get you started on proper knife care.
• Town Cutler Handmade knives receive free lifetime sharpening.
Questions? Please contact us.