An American made Hankotsu, this is our interpretation of the Japanese butcher knife, which is excellent for whole animal butchery, especially deboning and trimming. This blade's initial beveling is 90/10 for the purpose of cutting protein away from the bone with more accuracy. We’ve re-designed the handle, emphasizing the hook at the bottom for better control and a more secure grip. It is uniquely designed to be gripped in 2 ways, allowing for an additional top handed grip for cuts requiring more of a pulling and stabbing action. The clean and sleek profile of this knife makes it feel like an extension of your arm.
• Handmade at the Town Cutler Warehouse
• Blade: 52100 carbon steel with mirror finish
• Heat-treating: Heat-treated to 63 Rockwell to ensure a fine edge that holds it's sharpness
• Handle: Stabilized Buckeye Burl with nickel
• Pins: Brass Loveless
• Our standard hankotsu knives are meant for right handed use, but we custom make ones for left-handed users.
• Keep this knife dry and clean. Oil with camellia oil after washing or rinsing with warm water. A 2 oz bottle of camellia oil is provided with all Town Cutler carbon steel knives to get you started on proper knife care.
• The mirror finish on this knife will change over time, developing a patina. If you want the mirror finish to remain, this is not the steel type for you. We apply this finish so that the patina forms evenly over time. A solid patina will protect your carbon steel knife.
Questions? Please contact us.